We offer two hive inspection services. We will inspect your backyard hive for you and identify problems you are facing.
We can help with the following topics:
- Identifying products of the hive
- How to find the queen
- Looking for disease or problems within the hive
- Identifying worker bees and drones
- Discussing life cycles of the honey bees (from egg, to larva, to pupa, to bee)
- Bee tools – identifying, naming and how to use them
- Lighting a smoker
- Hive maintenance
- Identifying forage for the bees
You must be within 20 miles of Bryan/College Station at this fee. Once you have paid, we will set up a time to meet you at your home to help inspect or address a problem.
Instructional Services we provide will teach you what to look for when doing a hive inspection. These classes can be done at our bee yard or at yours! Obviously, we think this is a much smarter way to go – we want you to be able to keep your bees confidently and learn more about them so you’re comfortable identifying problems and solutions.
Instructional Hive Inspection
This is done "with you" rather than "for you". In our basic hive inspection service, we do the work and head out. This version allows for more instructional time for you.