We offer two hive inspection services. We will inspect your backyard hive for you and identify problems you are facing.
We can help with the following topics:
- Identifying products of the hive
- How to find the queen
- Looking for disease or problems within the hive
- Identifying worker bees and drones
- Discussing life cycles of the honey bees (from egg, to larva, to pupa, to bee)
- Bee tools – identifying, naming and how to use them
- Lighting a smoker
- Hive maintenance
- Identifying forage for the bees
Instructional Services we provide will teach you what to look for when doing a hive inspection. These classes can be done at our bee yard or at yours! Obviously, we think this is a much smarter way to go – we want you to be able to keep your bees confidently and learn more about them so you’re comfortable identifying problems and solutions.